Leading Industry Voices to Discuss Global Investment Landscape on 1-2 November
MUMBAI, 26 October 2012—Morningstar India, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, is holding its second annual Morningstar Investment Conference, 1-2 November at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai. Modeled after the popular Morningstar Investment Conference held in the United States each June, the conference features influential money managers, veteran brokers, institutional investors, financial advisors, and Morningstar executives and analysts sharing their insight and debating timely topics for investors in India.
Featured speakers for the event are Joe Mansueto, founder and chairman of Morningstar; Rajeev Kumar Agarwal, whole time member, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI); and G.N. Bajpai, chairman, NPS Trust and former chairman of SEBI. Mansueto will discuss the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead for the Indian mutual fund industry in a general session on the conference’s second day. Agarwal will deliver the 1 November keynote address, while Bajpai will give the conference keynote address on 2 November with a focus on pension planning.
Conference topics address a broad range of subjects to help Indian investors develop strategies for the current uncertain environment and rapidly-changing market dynamics. Topics include an overview of the global economy and equity markets, target-date fund investing, the outlook for debt funds, techniques to enhance stock and mutual fund portfolios, behavioural finance models, methods for predicting fund performance, and implementing alternate asset classes such as commodities, real estate, and private equity.
Other scheduled speakers for the conference include:
- A. Balasubramanian, CEO, Birla Sun Life Asset Management Co.
- Ashishkumar Chauhan, interim CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Ltd.
- Daniel Needham, managing director, Asia Pacific, Morningstar Investment Management
- Grant Kennaway, head of fund research, Asia Pacific, Morningstar
- Joel Bloomer, head of equity research, Asia Pacific, Morningstar
- Nilesh Shah, president, Axis Bank Ltd.
- Nimesh Shah, managing director and CEO, ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Prashant Jain, executive director and chief investment officer, HDFC Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Rajiv Anand, managing director and CEO, Axis Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Ranjeet S. Mudholkar, vice chairman and CEO, Financial Planning Standards Board India
- S. Nagnath, president and chief investment officer, DSP Blackrock Investment Managers Pvt. Ltd.
- Sandesh Kirkire, CEO, Kotak Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Sanjay Sachdev, president and CEO, Tata Asset Management Ltd.
- Sanjiv Shah, managing director and co-CEO, Goldman Sachs Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Sanjoy Bhattacharya, managing partner, Fortuna Capital
- Sankaran Naren, chief investment officer, equity, ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Shantanu Ambedkar, managing director and head of private bank, The HSBC Bank Ltd., India
- Sundeep Sikka, CEO, Reliance Capital Asset Management Ltd.
Registration for the conference costs INR 7000 per person plus taxes, with discounted rates available for groups of three or more delegates. For the full agenda, hotel, and registration information, please visit http://www.morningstar.co.in/mic2012. Full-time members of the media may receive a complimentary registration to the Morningstar Investment Conference India. If you are a journalist and wish to attend the conference, please email Nikita More at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions. Morningstar provides data on more than 385,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on more than 8 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries and has approximately $195 billion in assets under advisement and management as of Sept. 30, 2012. The company has operations in 27 countries.
# # #
©2012 Morningstar Inc. All rights reserved.