Portfolio tools in Morningstar® Principia® help diagnose weaknesses, illustrate portfolio statistics, and monitor investment plans over the long term. And when combined with two or more modules, Principia helps advisors build investment plans with all the asset types found in their clients’ portfolios. Principia portfolio tools allow advisors to illustrate key concepts and provide detailed portfolio analysis. Advisors can also easily import client information and portfolios from popular third-party programs.
What you can do:
Create, monitor, and refine client portfolios using these Portfolio Mode features, available in every module:
Risk Assessment - Determine risk-appropriate asset mixes and identify portfolio and market risks to address client concerns during short-term performance fluctuations.
- Blend indexes, categories, and other proxies to form ideal comparisons for each portfolio.
Morningstar® Stock Intersection - Identify the underlying stocks a client actually owns and how they work in the portfolio as a whole.
- Specify portfolio statistics to track and receive notifications of material changes with the installation of every update.
- Assemble model portfolios to quickly analyze allocations or enter custom schedules, taxes, and fees to create hypothetical scenarios.
- At a glance, identify which portfolio holdings are incurring more risk than reward.
Morningstar® Advisor Palette - Acts as a filing cabinet, providing a complete listing of clients, portfolios, and holdings.
- View client holdings as a whole and reveal investment strategy strengths and weaknesses with six different portfolio views.
Conduct complete portfolio analyses
Morningstar® Portfolio Snapshot
Numerous proprietary tools allow you to quickly analyze portfolio statistics in comprehensive reports and create customized, professional presentations of client holdings. These capabilities are critical to creating and maintaining well-diversified portfolios.
Easily import client portfolio information for research and analysis
Save time and reduce errors by eliminating the need for manual data entry
Subscribers to one of the following portfolio management systems can import investment data directly into Principia: