CHICAGO, Feb 06, 2001 Today, Morningtar, Inc. introduced a new Marketplace section on MorningstarAdvisor.com, the firm's Web site for financial advisors, which features links to a select group of product and service providers geared toward the advisor community.
"Investment advisors have been asking for one convenient place where they can find information about a variety of service providers, rather than spend hours scouring the Internet for information," said Dave Schabes, business development manager for MorningstarAdvisor.com. "In Morningstar's new Marketplace section, our growing community of more than 45,000 registered users will have access to a group of highly regarded Web-based products and services, approved by Morningstar."
Morningstar is launching its Marketplace section with five partners, including AnnuityNetAdvisor.com, Financeware.com, OptionWealth.com, Search 401k, and Traders Library. Morningstar expects dozens of companies to join its Marketplace this year.
- AnnuityNet.com is the first company to re-engineer variable annuities for sale and service over the Internet, eliminating some of the fee issues that make variable annuities less-attractive investments.
- Named one of the "Best of the Web" by Forbes magazine, financeware.com offers tools that perform historical probability analysis, Monte Carlo, and mortality simulations.
- OptionWealth offers Web-based software to help financial professionals better manage employee stock-option plans to maximize their clients' wealth.
- Search 401k offers advisors an efficient way to compare 401(k) products, request proposals, and manage client activities online. Advisors can also generate due-diligence reports tailored specifically to their client's needs.
- FP Books is a top provider of investment-oriented books and resources for financial planners and their clients at discounted prices.
Chicago-based Morningstar, Inc. is an independent provider of investment information and analytical tools. The firm supplies a variety of products and services to professionals, including MorningstarAdvisor.comSM, Morningstar® PrincipiaPro® software, Morningstar Mutual FundsTM, the annual Morningstar Investment Conference, and the Morningstar Professional Education Series. Morningstar does not own, operate, or hold any interest in investment products.